Where: Green Connect Farm, 6 Anna Avenue, Warrawong
Time: 9am – 11am
Dates: Week One (12th October), Week Two (19th October), Week Three (26th October), Week Four (2nd November), Week Five (9th November), Week Six (16th November), Week Seven (23rd October), Week Eight (30th October), Week Nine (7th December), Week Ten (14th December)
We know there is nothing better than free time and free play in nature. It is this type of self-guided exploration that sets little souls on fire, sparks curiosity and is just so much fun.
It will be 2hrs of messy, muddy fun.
Life is full of wild and wonderful adventures on the Green Connect Farm.
Each week along with unstructured play-time in the Childrens Garden there will be an option to do something a little bit different. This could include such wonderful things as;
- Learning about our fruit forest and tasting what is in season
- Exploring our hidden creek
- Feeding and patting the chooks and collecting eggs
- Feeding the pigs left over fruit and veg
- Planting seedlings
- Weeding the garden beds
- Watering new seeds
- Cardboard constructions
- Starting a worm farm
- And who knows what else!
Activities will be offered towards the end of the session and kids will always be given the choice if they want to continue playing or join in.
IMPORTANT: Please note that we choose ONE extra activity per week based on what is happening on the farm, the weather and the seasons. We aim to slow down and create an unhurried exploration of nature at the kid’s pace. There will be weeks when we do not see any animals. If you wish for a full guided tour and to see all the animals in one day then please book into one of our Public Farm Tours or school holiday Farm Play Days which cover the entire farm in one session.
(If you are interested in a homeschool session for school-aged kids please register your interest with [email protected]).
- This session is aimed at children 6 months to 6 years.
- Babies under 6 months are free with a ticket-holding sibling. If you wish to bring a baby without older siblings, they will require a ticket.
- Accompanying adults do not need a ticket. Please only 1 adult per ticket-holding child.