Do you have a garden you love maintaining but need extra pairs of hands to give it a good tidy up?
We employ young people and former refugees in jobs that help the community and the planet – including garden blitzes!
How does it work?
- You decide what needs to be done (e.g. weeding, pruning, mulching, planting) and how long it will take
- You book our staff according to how many people you think you require.
- We will send a team consisting of trained professionals led by a supervisor. Supervisors are staff with garden knowledge and team leadership skills, to help you make decisions and direct other staff during the blitz.
- You provide the tools and equipment and/or let us know what extra tools and equipment we need to bring to get the job done
- You provide a safe space for our team to work, along with access to drinking water and a bathroom
- You sign the team’s timesheet on the day so that we can pay them appropriately
- We pay our staff Award wages and superannuation and ensure there is appropriate workers compensation insurance, public liability insurance, and professional indemnity insurance in place
- Price includes GST
Not sure where to start? Our supervisor will help you decide what can be achieved on the day in the time that you have.
Need more advice? Book a backyard garden consultation first with one of our expert gardeners or permaculturalists. They’ll visit your space, understand what you want to do with it, how much time you have to maintain it, and the site you have (sun, slope, water, etc.), and send you a garden design and a report on how to make it happen.
Contact us anytime at [email protected] or 02 4243 1537.