How to feed the native plants that feed us? That’s what Clarence Slockee (from ABC’s Gardening Australia) and Matt McKay will teach you all about in the Native Plant Nourishment workshop. Matt and Clarence are teaming up to tackle the complexities of the native food world, making links between Aboriginal Culture and modern Permaculture. This workshop caters to anyone new to these concepts as well as those more well-versed. Either way, we guarantee you will take home insights that you didn’t walk in with!
This workshop is an introduction to the philosophies and practices used to create and nurture native plant landscapes for the benefit of all. Included is a tour of the new Native Food & Fibre Walk on the Green Connect Farm where Matt and Clarence will highlight species suitable for the conditions of the Illawarra.
This workshop will:
- Highlight simple ways of creating a beautiful native plant garden
- Introduce key concepts of site analysis for reading landscapes effectively
- Provide practical advice for creating habitats to support local wildlife
- Offer examples of suitable species that will obtain a yield and increase biodiversity
- Share Matt and Clarence’s insights gained from many years of working in the field of Native plants and Environmental education.