Green Connect employs young people and former refugees to do work that helps the planet and the community.
We work with event organisers, schools, councils and businesses to help them work towards zero waste. Our zero waste team are experienced in undertaking waste audits and creating waste management plans, providing waste education and assisting events on their journey towards zero waste. We reduce, reuse, recycle and compost as much as possible.
Green Connect are preparing for our upcoming busy event season and are hiring two Zero Waste Supervisors.
About the role
This is a casual position, working over the September to March event season. Hours are varied and generally fall on weekends, nights and public holidays.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of zero waste event jobs including set up, waste sorting, litter picking, bin changes and waste education. In addition, you will be providing support for former refugees and young people and preparing zero waste reports to ensure events can continually improve.
Click here for a full position description. If this looks like the role for you please respond to the following selection criteria and provide this along with your CV in the web form below.
- Passionate about, and commitment to, our vision of zero waste, fair food and fair employment for former refugees and young people.
- Ability and commitment to value, respect, communicate, work with and support people from diverse backgrounds, including people with limited English.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills with experience leading and facilitating groups of people.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Physical fitness – able to move around uneven event sites, bend, lift 240L bins, operate litter picking equipment.
- A current manual NSW driver’s licence and ability to drive a Class C Licence manual truck and/or a ute/van with a trailer.
- Waste management knowledge and previous experience working in recycling or waste management
- Current first aid certificate
- Event management experience
- Forklift ticket and experience driving forklift
Applications close Thursday 22 August 2019
If you have any questions about this role please call our Zero Waste Manager, Jacqui, on 0411 274 838.