Green Connect draws on the skills, commitment and generosity of our community.
We work with and within our community and connect with others to create and grow our work.
PAID WORK WITH GREEN CONNECT
Are you interested in coming to work for Green Connect? If you are either a former refugee, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, or aged between 16 – 25, and want to do work that matters, within a team that genuinely supports each other and gives everyone a chance, we’d love to hear from you.
We welcome new volunteers on a regular basis to help in our op shops and urban farm, and to provide specialist skills that help us develop our business. We also train and support our volunteers to help them develop skills to meet their employment goals.
We grow and sell fruit, vegetables, herbs, eggs and free range meat from our Fair Food farm, through weekly fruit and vegetable boxes, one-off meat orders and commercial arrangements with cafes, restaurants, hotels and caterers.
We do great things for the planet and the community. Help us to do more of it now. 80% of the work that we do to train, support and employ young people and former refugees is funded through trade (the goods and services that we sell). We rely on grants and donations for the remaining 20%. This means that every $1 you donate does $5 of good. All donations are tax-deductible