Working Bee Registration
Date: Sunday 1 May 2022
Time : 9am – 1pm (BBQ lunch at 1pm)
Address: Green Connect Farm, 6 Anna Avenue, Warrawong
With all the heavy rain we have experienced recently, life at the Green Connect Farm has been very challenging. We are hosting a working bee to try to wrangle back some control!
There will be heaps to do and a variety of tasks to choose from. We plan to have teams painting animal shelters, roving the farm to clear invading weeds, helping re-establish our no-dig demonstration vegetable garden, tidying and weeding our entrance and children’s garden, chopping the vegetation trying to smother our fruit trees, and much more! Children are very welcome (under your supervision); there will be work for all ages!
We’ll provide gloves and tools. All you’ll need to bring is yourself, appropriate clothing and footwear (gumboot or sturdy boots recommended!), and a water bottle. Register your interest by filling in this very short form.
- The site is a working farm and participants should be aware of hazards associated with participating in the working bee.
- The terrain at the farm is particularly steep and slippery in parts and is not suitable for prams, wheelchairs, or people with moderate mobility restrictions.
- The farm is home to domestic animals as well as bees, wasps, and macadamia trees. Please pack an Epipen if allergic.
- Working bee participants will be given a site induction when they arrive and asked to sign a very short registration form to ensure they are covered by our volunteer insurance.
- Participants will be able to select from a range of tasks based on interest and physical ability
- Children must be actively supervised by caregivers whilst on site.