We resell donated goods to keep them out of landfill. All proceeds are invested back in the Wollongong community by creating jobs for young people and former refugees in industries that help the planet and the community. We also provide volunteering opportunities for people who want skills, experience and confidence in the workplace, people who want to help us to keep great items out of landfill and people who want to connect with others in the community.
Where is the op shop?
37 Princes Highway, Unanderra (the bright purple building!)
Monday-Friday, 9am – 4:30pm
Saturdays, 9pm – 2pm
(02) 4243 1537
We would love your second-hand goods. We accept clean, undamaged:
- Clothes (for adults and children, including wedding dresses, costumes and PPE)
- Homewares (cutlery, crockery, ornaments, servingware, etc)
- Paintings and photo frames
- Linen (towels, sheets, etc)
- Furniture (small items only)
Items we can not accept include:
- Bike helmets (because we cannot guarantee their safety)
- Car seats (because we cannot guarantee their safety)
- Cots that do not meet product safety regulations
- Bean bags that do not meet product safety regulations
- White goods including dishwashers, fridges, washing machines and dryers
- IT equipment including computers, printers and modems
- Large furniture items
To donate goods:
- Drop them at the back of the op shop (accessible via First Avenue) during opening hours
- Please don’t leave them outside the shop. People, animals and weather usually get to them overnight and create a smelly, unsightly mess that our staff and volunteers clean up, and often not a lot can be salvaged. Sad but true.
- Contact us to see if we can pick things up (it depends on the availability of staff/volunteers and a van, but we’ll try our best!)
Green Connect is a community organisation. We are working towards a connected community that values people and planet. If you want to be a part of what we do, please reach out! Ways to get involved include:
- Volunteer in our retail shop or out the back in our warehouse, sorting donations
- Apply to work for us if you are a young person (15-24 years old) or former refugee
- Buy clothes, textiles, toys, shoes, books or more in bulk. We offer special pricing to bulk customers. Contact us to arrange a time to discuss possibilities.
For more about what we do, visit our Facebook page here.