We give your used goods a second life for the good of the community. Our op shop sells high quality clothes, toys, books and other goods at affordable prices so that everyone can benefit.
We resell donated goods to keep them out of landfill. All proceeds are invested back in the Wollongong community by creating jobs for young people and former refugees in industries that help the planet and the community. We also provide volunteering opportunities for people who want skills, experience and confidence in the workplace, people who want to help us to keep great items out of landfill and people who want to connect with others in the community.
9.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
(02) 4207 9616
16 Bellambi Lane, Bellambi NSW 2518 (just over the tracks from Bunnings)
We have one of the biggest op shops in Wollongong and are committed to reusing, recycling or upcycling at least 90% of donations.
Return and Earn your cans and bottles
We operate a Return and Earn point for the NSW Container Deposit Scheme. Bring your eligible cans and bottles to our op shop for a 10c refund (or donate them to us to support the work we do).
Opening hours for Return and Earn:
- 9.30am-2pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- 10am-2pm Saturday
We are also able to take bulk amounts (400+) of containers and refund directly in to your bank account.
Opening hours for bulk container drop-offs:
- 9.30am-2pm Monday, Tuesday and Friday
We would love your second-hand goods. We accept clean, undamaged:
- Clothes (for adults and children, including wedding dresses, costumes and PPE)
- Homewares (cutlery, crockery, ornaments, servingware, etc)
- Paintings and photo frames
- Linen (towels, sheets, etc)
- Furniture (some restrictions apply)
Items we can not accept include:
- Bike helmets (because we cannot guarantee their safety)
- Car seats (because we cannot guarantee their safety)
- Cots that do not meet product safety regulations
- Bean bags that do not meet product safety regulations
To donate goods:
- Drop them in to the op shop at 16 Bellambi Lane, Bellambi during opening hours (see above)
- Drop them in to our charity bins outside the op shop anytime
- Contact us to see if we can pick things up (it depends on the availability of staff/volunteers and a van, but we’ll try our best!)
Green Connect is a community organisation. We are working towards a connected community that values people and planet. If you want to be a part of what we do, please reach out! Ways to get involved include:
- Volunteer in our retail shop or out the back in our warehouse, sorting donations
- Apply to work for us if you are a young person (15-24 years old) or former refugee
- Run workshops out of our training room, kitchen or op shop. We are open to ideas so just contact us.
- Buy clothes, textiles, toys, shoes, books or more in bulk. We offer special pricing to bulk customers. Contact us to arrange a time to discuss possibilities.
For more about what we do, visit our Facebook page here.
To promote what we do, please download and share this poster in your workplace or community group.