Book a School Field Trip
Enrich student learning through hands-on observation and experience at Green Connect farm.
Let our educators make the curriculum links for you! Whether you are studying science, geography, PDHPE or sustainability, a visit to our farm will allow students to connect their classroom learning to a real-world farm environment and experience how environmental sustainability can be achieved whilst providing jobs to former refugees and young people.
A standard school excursion lasts for 2 hours and includes:
- 1-hour guided farm tour, focusing on topics and curriculum points of your choosing
- 1-hour self-guided time in our new education hub, children’s garden and demonstration gardens. Before your visit, we can work with you to create a worksheet that matches your desired outcomes for students to use during their self-guided time.
- Note: Guided tour groups will be limited to 20 students maximum to ensure each student gets a personal and hands-on experience during their visit. We will work with you to create an appropriate rotation plan based on the number of students in your group.
- Green Connect school excursions are suitable for students in high school, primary school and home school.
- Excursions are available from Mondays-Thursdays during any 2-hour block of time between 9:30am-2:30pm. Please contact us for information on our availability.
Pricing & Payment details:
- $12 per student (minimum charge: 25 students, or $300)
- $300 deposit required to hold booking
- Balance to be charged via invoice after visit, and due within 5 business days
- Refund policy:
- Fully refundable up to 5 days before the excursion date and time
- Transferable or 50% refundable up to 2 days before the tour date and time
- Not transferable or refundable within 2 days of the tour date and time, unless under exceptional circumstances.
- If Green Connect must cancel for any reason, including extreme weather conditions or changing COVID restrictions, we will issue you with a full refund.
If you are interested in our Education Program please complete the booking form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
PLEASE READ OUR ESSENTIAL INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
- The site is a working farm and visitors must participate in a safety briefing before entering. We ask all tour participants to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of their tour to ensure we start on time.
- The terrain at the farm is particularly steep and slippery in parts. Though we do take it slowly, the tour involves a moderately strenuous walk and is not accessible for prams, wheelchairs, or people with moderate mobility issues. See the video below to ensure you will be able to walk the site.
- Plants love rain and so do we! We don’t cancel tours in wet weather unless there is a dangerous storm. Rain (and mud!) is all part of the fun.
- Allergen advice: Our farm is home to domestic animals as well as bees, wasps, and macadamia trees. Please pack an EpiPen if allergic and keep it with you at all times.
- To ensure compliance with current NSW Government restrictions, we have put in place a range of measures to keep tour participants safe. If you have visited a COVID-19 hotspot within 14 days of your tour or if you come down with cold or flu-like symptoms, we will ask you to contact us and stay home.
All tour participants must:
- Wear enclosed shoes or boots (sorry no thongs or sandals allowed) and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Long pants are recommended.
- Bring a hat and sunscreen or rain gear, depending on the weather forecast.
- Bring a water bottle pre-filled with water.
DOWNLOAD OUR RISK ASSESSMENT