This recipe comes from https://www.inspiredtaste.net/. Click on the title to view the original recipe, including full instructions, nutritional information and useful notes.
- 1/4-1/2 medium cabbage, outer leaves removed if needed
- 1-2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or coarse ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or more to taste
- Other veggies as desired, e.g. green onion, capsicum, finely sliced
- Cut out the hard core of the cabbage and cut cabbage into quarters. Finely shred cabbage. Place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl (you should have 3 to 4 cups).
- Add the shredded carrot, parsley, and other veggies of your choice to the cabbage and toss to mix.
- In a separate bowl, stir the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper together. Taste for acidity and seasoning then adjust as desired. Pour two-thirds of the dressing over the cabbage and carrot then mix well.
- If the coleslaw seems dry, add a little more of the dressing. Eat right away or let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the flavors mingle and the cabbage to soften.
- If there is any leftover dressing, it can be used as a spread for sandwiches, dip for vegetables, served alongside the coleslaw or with grilled or roasted vegetables, chicken or meats.
See original recipe at https://www.inspiredtaste.net/26522/coleslaw-recipe/ for more detailed notes, nutritional information and more!