- 3 – 4 potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks and roasted
- 2 large or 3 small fennel bulbs, sliced into 2cm slices and roasted (reserve some fronds for garnish)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened plain dairy or non-dairy milk
In a large pot, add water/broth and milk. Add vegetables and using an immersion blender, puree until desired consistency, add more liquids as needed. You may like your soup a little chunky or smooth. You may also use a blender/food processor to puree the soup (this method may take two batches to complete). Taste for flavor adding more salt & pepper as needed. Warm: Bring the pot to the stove and heat soup over medium low until warmed through. Serve: Fill individual bowls and top with reserved fennel and fresh cracked pepper. Pairs well with crusty bread of choice.