This recipe comes from https://therealfooddietitians.com/. Click on the title to view the original recipe, including full instructions and useful notes.
- 2 cups cubed and peeled sweet potatoes, cut into ½-cm cubes (about 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion (about ½ small onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups kale, tightly packed, washed and torn with tough stems removed (about 1 bunch kale)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add-ons: avocado, fried egg, lemon wedges
Heat oil in a large skillet placed over medium-high heat.
Add sweet potato and onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until onions and sweet potatoes start to soften.
Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid. Cook additional 3-4 minutes or until sweet potatoes are just about done.
- Add kale, toss well and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted and tender.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with as a side dish or turn it into a main dish by adding on lemon wedges, avocado slices or a fried egg, if desired.
See original recipe at https://therealfooddietitians.com/kale-and-sweet-potato-saute/ for more detailed notes, nutritional information and more!