Green Connect is an award-winning, not-for-profit social enterprise that employs young people and former refugees to grow fair food and reduce waste to landfill.
Our family-friendly, 11-acre urban farm (where we grow food based on organic and permaculture principles) is the perfect outdoor venue for your next party. Come see for yourself the impact that ethical and urban farming has on local employment and the environment with a guided tour specially for your group. Then, take in the view as you enjoy al fresco snacks and drinks. Let us create beautiful memories for you and your guests.
Included in your booking:
- A host to meet and greet everyone and show you to your spot
- A 45-minute guided tour of the site including feeding our animals (sheep, chickens, goats, pigs)
- A seating area for your party to enjoy your own picnic before or after the tour
- Memorable kids’ birthday parties
- End of year work Christmas Parties with a difference
- Scouts and other outdoorsy groups
- Friends, families and neighbours who love getting together in nature!
The site is a working farm and is particularly steep and slippery in parts and, at this stage, is not accessible by wheelchair or walker, nor is it suited to prams and strollers.
As a social enterprise, we want to operate a business that allows us to fund all of the support we give our staff. So booking a party with us or purchasing fair food fruit and veg boxes and free range meat, engaging us to help your business/school/council/event be more sustainable or to manage rubbish and other waste at your event, or engaging us for labour hire helps us to create more jobs, less waste and fair food.