Creamy Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
This recipe comes from https://cupfulofkale.com/. Click on the title to view the original recipe and additional information.
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Inch of ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder, medium
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tin/400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin/400ml full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup/120ml vegetable stock
- 1 medium cauliflower (around 4 cups)
- 1 tin/400g chickpeas, drained
- Drizzle of cream (vegan if desired)
- Fresh coriander
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onion and let cook for a few minutes. Then add the mined garlic and grated ginger.
- Cook for a minute, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add all the spices – curry powder, cumin, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook for around 30 seconds until fragrant. Add a little more oil if its too dry.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Stir and let cook for a few minutes.
- Blend until smooth – transfer to a bowl and use a hand blender or place in a blender, then return to the pan.
- Add the coconut milk, stock and cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces – not too big not too small.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes and then add the chickpeas for a further 5 minutes.
- The cauliflower should be soft but still have a bit of bite. If you like it really soft just cook for longer.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and a drizzle of vegan cream or coconut milk!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!