The original recipe comes from https://www.thelastfoodblog.com/. Click on the title to view the original recipe, including full instructions, nutritional information and useful notes.
- 1 French baguette cut into 1.5cm slices
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls (optional)
- 12 cloves garlic
- A handful of basil leaves
- Olive oil for brushing on bread
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a baking tray, pour over 1 ½ tbsps of olive oil and ½ tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle over ¼ tsp each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until the tomatoes are just burst.
- Heat a griddle pan to hot. Brush each side of the sliced bread with a little olive oil. Toast each side of the bread on the pan until the edges are charred and the bread is golden.
Rub each slice of the toasted bread with the smashed garlic.
- Add 2 or 3 of the roasted tomatoes to a slice of toast, add a couple of slices of the mozzarella then add some chopped basil. Finish with a smattering of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. For a vegan option, add more tomatoes and omit the mozzarella.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
See original recipe at https://www.thelastfoodblog.com/cherry-tomato-bruschetta/ for more detailed notes, nutritional information and more!