1kg Green Connect Bone Broth
½ tbsp. vegetable oil or peanut oil.
1 large white onion, peeled and halved
3-inch piece of fresh ginger halved lengthwise
4 whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
2 cardamom pods
1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1tbsp Tamara or soy sauce
2 teaspoons fish sauce
200g thin rice noodles
300g very thinly sliced raw pork (Green Connect pork neck or you can even use leftover from your pork roast,)
Asian Greens like Bok Choy, Amaranth, Mizuna, Spring Onion( All available from our Green Connect Veg boxes), Vietnamese Mint, Coriander. Fresh Lime, Bean Sprout and chilli (optional)
If you want to make it even bulkier you can add carrot or radishes to your Pho.
- Toast the spices (cardamom, coriander, cloves, star anise and cinnamon) in a dry pan on medium heat. Once toasted and fragrant- put aside for now.
In the same pan add vegetable oil and quickly sautee the onion and ginger.
- Add Bone broth and the toasted spices and let simmer for 30min. Then strain and discard the spices and onion.
- In the meantime prepare your noodles as described on the package.
- Bring the Pho back to the heat and season with sugar, tamari and fish sauce and add in your meat, let cook for 5 min, depending on how thinly you sliced the meat, it might need more for thicker slices.
- Serve in a bowl with noodles, Asian Greens and pour over the pho and top with freshly squeezed lime and chilli.
Green Connect Bone Broth is available to purchase now and can be collected from our Green Connect office. Our Bone Broth is made from free-range, chemical-free pork bones and trotter and cooked up by the chefs at Caveau restaurant in Wollongong
This recipe can obviously be altered with other broths and stocks.