The original recipe comes from https://www.theroastedroot.net/kale-pesto-pasta-salad/ Click on the title to view the original recipe, including full instructions, nutritional information and useful notes.
- 1 (350g) box gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 medium crown broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 cup kale pesto sauce, recipe below
- 1 bunch green onion OR a leek, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and patted dry
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
Kale Pesto Sauce:
- 4 cups kale leaves, packed
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup pine nuts, or more walnuts
- 3 tablespoons any vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping, optional
- 1 cup olive oil
Prepare the Kale Pesto Sauce:
- Prepare the kale pesto sauce by adding all of the ingredients except for the olive oil to a food processor. Pulse a few times to roughly chop all of the ingredients. Leaving the food processor on, drizzle the olive oil slowly through the top, until it’s completely incorporated. Transfer pesto sauce to a jar and refrigerate until ready to use (Note: Pesto can be made up to 4 days in advance)
Prepare the Pasta Salad:
- Bring a full pot of water to a boil and add the pasta and broccoli florets. Cook according to the instructions on the package of pasta, or until both pasta and broccoli reach desired doneness. Strain the pasta and broccoli and rinse with lukewarm water. Set aside to cool. Once cool, chop the broccoli florets finely and place both pasta and broccoli in a large serving bowl.
- Add the green onion/leek, sun-dried tomatoes, and sea salt to the serving bowl along with 1 cup of the kale pesto (save remaining kale pesto for future uses). Toss everything together until pasta is well coated.
- Taste for flavor and add more sea salt or pesto to taste. Serve with parmesan.
See original recipe at https://www.theroastedroot.net/kale-pesto-pasta-salad/ for more detailed notes, nutritional information and more!