This recipe comes from https://www.recipetineats.com/. Click on the title to view the original recipe, including full instructions, nutritional information and useful notes.
- 15g butter
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1-2 leeks, white and pale green parts, sliced thinly (about 1 cup)
- 500g potatoes, peeled a diced into 2cm cubes
- 750ml or 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
- 90ml thickened cream or milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 thick slices of bread, torn into crouton-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
- Chives, finely chopped
- Extra cream
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and leek and sauté for 7 minutes until soft and sweet.
Add potatoes and broth. Turn heat up and bring to simmer, then place lid on and lower heat so it’s simmering gently.
Simmer for 25 minutes or until potato is very soft and almost falling apart. Turn the stove off and puree with a stick blender until JUST smooth. Do not over puree.
Add salt and pepper, then stir through cream.
- Serve warm, drizzled with cream and sprinkled with chives and croutons
- See original recipe at https://www.recipetineats.com/leek-and-potato-soup/ for more detailed notes, nutritional information and more!