The original recipe comes from https://www.kindearth.net/roast-beetroot-falafels-with-tahini-sauce-easy-gluten-free-vegan-deliciousness/ Click on the title to view the original recipe, including full instructions, nutritional information and useful notes.
- 2 beetroots (just under tennis ball size)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 250g (2 cups) cooked chickpeas
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- your preferred sauce
- Slice the top off of the beetroot and chop the remaining beetroot into small cubes for baking. Bake in the oven on a baking tray for 45 minutes on high heat, or until cooked, then remove and let cool completely before the next step.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until everything has broken down. It doesn’t need to be pureed completely, just broken down into tiny pieces so that when you compress, everything binds together.
- Roll into balls (a little smaller than golf balls in size).
- Press the balls down into mini patty shapes.
- Place onto a grill tray and grill on a medium/low heat for about 8 minutes on each side. (You can also bake these in the oven as an alternative to grilling).
- Serve right away with your preferred sauce.
Note: If it seems a little too crumbly then I recommend adding a teaspoon or two of water or olive oil. Moisture depends on how much the chickpeas have been drained or how the moisture level of the baked beetroot.
See original recipe at https://www.kindearth.net/roast-beetroot-falafels-with-tahini-sauce-easy-gluten-free-vegan-deliciousness/ for more detailed notes, nutritional information and more!