Skip to content
Roasted radish polenta
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup medium-grind polenta
- 1 tablespoon butter (or non-dairy alternative)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups quartered radish (cherry, breakfast, pink beauty)
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil in a medium pot. Add in the polenta, whisking quite a bit, until the mixture begins to thicken. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every once in awhile. Once done, stir in butter and salt/pepper as desired.
- After you get the polenta started, preheat oven to 190˚. Toss the quartered radishes with the scallions, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out onto a single layer on a sheet tray covered with parchment paper. Place in over and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir in the chickpeas, and return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes- just until the radishes are tender/ starting to brown and the chickpeas are warm. Remove from oven, add the lemon juice and parsley, and toss until well combined.
- Divide polenta into two bowls and top with the radish mixture and a drizzle of olive oil.