Join us to experience the magic of the Green Connect farm and touch the soil where your veggies are grown.
For those of you who joined us for our farm open day on Saturday, you will know that we have officially completed the opening of our new farm hub! This hub includes:
- a new entrance via Anna Avenue;
- an entrance garden to welcome people into the space, transitioning the space from the suburban neighborhood to the natural abundance of the farm;
- an outdoor classroom in which to run our staff and community training, as well as workshops and events focused on sustainable skills on weekends;
- a children’s garden, for young people to experience the outdoors in a challenging but safe natural setting; and
- a built-for-purpose washing, packing and processing area for getting your veg boxes ready.
The development of this space has been a long time coming and has taken huge amounts of work from a great number of people. So we’re super proud to show it off.
But we’re especially excited to invite you, our loyal customers into the space for a morning tea from 9:30 till 11:30 on Saturday March 20!
Our veg box customers are what makes everything we do possible, and we’d love to share a cupper with you, show you around the farm, and maybe as a group bounce around some of our experiences of cooking and eating seasonal.
Please RSVP for the event by booking your tickets here. The cut-off for RSVPs will be Monday 15 March, to give us time to arrange catering for the event. If you’d like to book a ticket after this time, please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll see if we can squeeze you in.
We look forward to seeing you there!
In your box:
What’s that in my box: bok choy deliver one of the highest levels of nutrients per calorie compared to other foods and has also been proven to help prevent cancer. This vegetable also reduces the risk for conditions like heart disease thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. You can keep bok choy in the fridge for up to a week but its best to eat fresh to ensure you’re getting all of those nutrients. there’s no end to what you can do in the kitchen with this veg and your options include, sautéing, frying, steaming, shredding, pickling, grilling, or eating it as is! For more information on how to store & cook any of our vegetables, visit: https://draxe.com/ and type in the veggie you’re looking for.