Zucchinis are one of my favourite vegetables because they can be used in just about anything. Fry them, bake them, grate them into fritters or fried rice or pasta bakes, make gratin, add to soups, and the list goes on. They often seem to be the first choice for parents looking to hide veg in their kids meals.
Fun fact: courgettes are just small zucchinis, and marrows are just big ones! Zucchini is also known as squash in some parts of the world.
Here are a few recipes to get the ideas flowing…
- Zucchini Lasagne Roll-ups
- Zucchini Gratin
- Zucchini Soup (known here as Burden Soup – thanks for sharing, Marisa)
Toddler friendly recipes:
Something a bit different:
- Carrot and Zucchini Chocolate Muffins
- Cold Courgette, Leek and Goats Cheese soup (this is the closest I can find to the one my father-in-law makes. Trust me, it’s delicious!)
- Steam or fry and serve on the side of just about anything
- Grate into fried rice (I like butter, onion, zucchini, carrot, rice and egg)
Let us know your favourite zucchini recipes and we’ll add them in!