- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ¾ cup of beet puree (can be made by blending beetroots)
- ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
In a bowl, sift whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and kosher salt.
In another bowl, add beet puree, milk, egg, butter, Greek yogurt and vanilla and mix well.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
Grease a frying pan with oil and drop two tablespoons of pancake mixture into it.
Cook the pancake for 3 minutes and flip. Cook for another 3 minutes and serve with honey or raspberry sauce. It is an easy to prepare beetroot recipe for kids to add to their plate.