The original recipe comes from https://www.recipetineats.com/. Click on the title to view the original recipe, including full instructions, nutritional information and useful notes.
- 1.5 tablespoons oil (vegetable, canola, peanut)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 75g ham or bacon
- 1.5 cups diced veg of choice (try carrots, peas, corn)
- 400g (4 cups) cauliflower rice
- 2 eggs, lightly whsiked
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon Mirin (or Chinese Cooking wine)*
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce (sub Hoisin)
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Make cauliflower rice: wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower. Use a food processor to chop cauliflower into rice-sized pieces. Don’t chop too small! If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a box grater to grate cauliflower.
Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Add garlic and onion, cook for 30 seconds.
Add ham, cook for 1 minute to release flavour.
Add vegetables, cook 2 minutes until carrot is almost cooked.
Add cauliflower and sauce. Cook, stirring regularly, for 4 minutes until sauce is reduced and cauliflower is almost cooked – firm, tender crisp, not soft and mushy.
Push the cauliflower to one side of the skillet. Add 1/2 tbsp oil, let it heat up briefly, then pour in egg.
Leave for 10 seconds, then leisurely scramble it. Once almost cooked, mix egg through cauliflower.
Toss through green onions then serve immediately!
See original recipe at https://www.recipetineats.com/cauliflower-fried-rice/ for more detailed notes, nutritional information and more!