Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
The original recipe comes from https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/. Click on the title to view the original recipe, including full instructions, nutritional information and useful notes.
- 2 cups pureed or mashed pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, plant-based margarine or olive oil
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup shredded cheese OR ¾ cup nutritional yeast
- 225g dry macaroni or pasta of choice
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a complete boil.
- Lower the heat, and stir until the buttery spread and shredded cheddar melt completely.
- Add salt to your preference.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: Sauce thickens as it cools and is much thicker the next day.
See original recipe at https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/pumpkin-mac-cheese/ for more detailed notes, nutritional information and more!