Stir-fry Chinese Celery
- 225-275g Chinese celery
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (or peanut oil)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 chili (seeds removed and julienned)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Remove all the leaves and roots on the celery stalks. (Note: you can save the leaves to use in another dish!)
- Rinse the celery.
- Slice the celery stalks into 1-inch-long sections.
- Heat up a wok with oil at high heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and chili and stir-fry until the fragrance comes out.
- Add celery and stir-fry until it turns slightly dark green.
- Pour in the stock and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar and mix evenly.
- Cook until the mixture is nearly dry.
- If you like, add dried tofu, julienned beef, pork or chick, or cross-cut squid or cuttlefish to make this an authentically Chinese dish.
Credit: This recipe has been adapted from thespruceeats.com.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!